Liset Lefebvre Martinez
Mrs. Liset Lefebvre is a Board Certified Attorney, in Immigration and Nationality Law, by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. She is the founder of the Lefebvre Law Firm, PLLC located in Plano, Texas, with clients around the world.
Mrs. Lefebvre has over 14 years of experience exclusively practicing Immigration and Nationality Law. She represents individuals, entrepreneurs, athletes, models, artists and small businesses globally. Mrs. Lefebvre is a passionate litigator. In her career, she has handled hundreds of cases, and reunited many families through true advocacy.…
Liset Lefebvre Martinez is the founder and managing partner of the Lefebvre Law Firm, PLLC. Mrs. Lefebvre’s practice includes Family Based Immigration, Removal Defense, Citizenship and Naturalization, Motions to Reopen and Reconsider and Appeals before the Executive Office of Immigration Review and the Board of Immigration Appeals, Business and Investor Visas, and I-9 Compliance.
She was born and raised in Illinois. At a young age, Mrs. Lefebvre’s family relocated to El Paso, Texas, where she grew up. She received a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Texas at El Paso and a Juris Doctor from the University of Denver, Sturm College of Law.
While in law school, Mrs. Lefebvre studied in England at the University College of London, Faculties of Law where she focused her legal studies on Comparative Law and Transnational Litigation. She clerked at Bacciardi & Partners, an international corporate law firm, in Italy. Lefebvre also clerked for the United States 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, Bankruptcy Appellate Panel in Denver, Colorado and upon graduation she clerked for the 383rd District Court in El Paso, Texas. Prior to venturing into immigration law, Mrs. Lefebvre participated in the defense of complex commercial litigation matters.
Mrs. Lefebvre is often invited to speak at AILA immigration law conferences around the country. She also coordinates AILA continuing legal education classes for immigration attorneys in Dallas, Texas since 2017.
In September 2018, she was inducted into the Texas Bar College, an honorary society of lawyers who are among the best trained attorneys in Texas.
Among other achievements in her professional career, in January 2020, Mrs. Lefebvre was selected by the Dallas Bar Association to participate in the 2020 DBA WE LEAD program, Women Empowered to Lead in the Legal Profession and continues her participation as an alum.
In January 2021, she was selected as a Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation in 2021 for outstanding professional service. This is one of the uppermost honors given by the State Bar of Texas. Only one-third of 1% of Texas attorneys receive this honor each year. This award is in recognition of Attorney Lefebvre’s hard work and dedication. She has continued to receive additional award throughout her career. See Honors & Awards
Mrs. Lefebvre is fluent in Spanish, and conversational in Italian. She is married and has two daughters, Maddy and Savannah. Mrs. Lefebvre enjoys spinning, running, reading, and dedicates her time to help our youth pursue their educational dreams by serving as an ISM mentor and as a mock-trial attorney advisor to high school students in Frisco, Texas.
- Immigration Law
- Board Certified Attorney in Immigration and Nationality Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- Juris Doctorate
- University College of London, Faculty of Laws, London
- Major: Comparative Law and Transnational Litigation
- University of Texas at El Paso
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Supreme Court of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- Super Lawyers, 2021
- D Magazine “Best Lawyers 2021”
- 2020 DBA WE LEAD program, Women Empowered to Lead in the Legal Profession
- 2019, 10 BEST Immigration Attorneys in Texas by the American Institute of Legal Counsel for Exceptional and Outstanding Client Service.
- 2012 - Present, AVVO, has consistently awarded Attorney Liset Lefebvre the Client’s Choice Award. Attorney Liset Lefebvre is a Top Rated AVVO Attorney.
- Texas Bar Association, Member, Present
- Dallas Bar Association, Member, Present
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member, Present
- Served as the EOIR Oakdale Immigration Court Liaison (2015-2016)
- Served as the AILA Dallas Section Coordinator (2011-2012)
- Serves as the AILA Dallas Section Coordinator (2018 to Present)
- She is a member of the State Bar of Texas.
- She is admitted to practice in the Northern District of Texas.