Assisting U.S. Employers And Foreign Nationals With Business Immigration
Bringing employees into the United States is a complicated process. Minor errors in the paperwork or missing the strict deadlines can delay or derail a work visa. It is frustrating for busy employers and for foreign workers who are eager to come to the U.S. and get started.
The best approach is to consult an experienced immigration attorney before making plans to work in the U.S. or before filing for a change of status. Liset Lefebvre assists foreign workers and sponsoring employers in Texas and nationwide with business and investor visas and compliance with U.S. immigration law.
Nonimmigrant Business Visas
Lefebvre Law Firm, PLLC, in Plano, Texas, can help with all facets of business immigration, including nonimmigrant visas for:
- B-1 business visitor visa
- E-1 treaty traders conducting business in the United States
- E-2 investors who are starting or investing in a U.S. business
- E-3 professional workers for Australian nationals
- O-1 individuals with extraordinary abilities (athletes, artists, models, researchers, educators)
- P-1 visas for athletes, artists, entertainers
- R visas – Religious Workers
- TN – Temporary work visas for citizens of Canada and Mexico
We also assist with adjustment of status applications for business travelers who are seeking employment-based green cards.
Helping Employers Comply With Immigration Laws
With Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) raids on the rise in recent years, it is important for businesses – whether you are a mom-and-pop shop or a global company – to seek advice and information on the evolving immigration laws. The Lefebvre Law Firm, PLLC, can help review your current hiring practices for compliance and ensure your human resources department does not violate any discrimination laws. Liset Lefebvre can assist with:
- Form I-9 eligibility verification paperwork and audits
- Form I-9 training for human resources staff
- Educating HR staff on equal employment and nondiscrimination training related to foreign nationals
- Representation in the event of an audit by ICE or the Department of Labor (DOL)
Get Help From A Board-Certified Immigration Lawyer
Liset Lefebvre is certified in Immigration and Nationality Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. She brings 14 years of focused experience, including extensive work with business visas and employer compliance.