Providing Real
Help To People In Need

Personal Guidance For U.S Immigration Law

The U.S. immigration system can be overwhelming. Lefebvre Law Firm, PLLC, offers passionate advocacy to reunite with your loved ones or keep your family together. Attorney Liset Lefebvre has 15 years of focused experience in immigration matters. She will personally handle your case and walk you through the process.

Mrs. Lefebvre is a board-certified attorney in Immigration and Nationality Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.

Close Support For Family-Based Immigration

Citizens and lawful permanent residents of the United States are able to petition their immediate family members to join them in the United States. Family immigration law is complex if you try to do it alone. Mrs. Lefebvre will explain step-by-step who is eligible to immigrate to the United States.

There are two paths to obtain legal permanent resident status (green card) in the United States:

  1. Adjustment of status – Obtaining a green card after coming to the United States
  2. Consular visa processing – Seeking an immigrant visa through the U.S. Consulate or U.S. Embassy in the country of origin

Below are some of the ways a person may qualify for a green card:

  • Through marriage to a U.S. citizen
  • Fiancé/fiancée visa – Inviting your fiancé or fiancée to the United States
  • Employment-based immigration
  • Visa for certain victims of domestic violence – VAWA
  • Visa for person who has been trafficked – T Visa
  • Visa for victim of other crimes in the United States – U visa

Petitioning For Your Spouse, Child, Parent Or Sibling

If you are a U.S. citizen, you are able to petition for your spouse, child, parents (if you are over 21 years of age) and siblings, as well as your sibling’s spouse and children.

If you are a lawful permanent resident (green card holder), you are not eligible to petition for your parents or siblings. You can only bring your spouse and children over (until you become a naturalized citizen.)

Some individuals will require a Waiver of Inadmissibility or Provisional Waiver prior to obtaining a green card. However, not everyone qualifies for a waiver or has a qualifying relative. Below is a list of some common immigration waivers:

  • I-601A – Provisional unlawful presence waiver
  • I-601 – Waiver of grounds of inadmissibility
  • I-212 – Application for permission to reapply for admission to the United States after removal
  • I-192 – Application for advance permission to enter as a nonimmigrant

Others may require a waiver after obtaining a conditional permanent resident. If you are a conditional permanent resident who obtained status through marriage, you will need to apply to remove the conditions on your permanent resident status.

Helping Families Pursue The American Dream

Do you have questions about petitioning for a loved one to join you in the United States? Lefebvre Law Firm, PLLC, can help if you qualify for a green card or consular process. Mrs. Lefebvre can also help if you qualify for a victim-related immigration visa or need a waiver.

To schedule a consultation with an experienced family immigration lawyer, call 972-665-9793 or use the email contact form.